Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Guitar

Here is an acoustic guitar that i have started modeling and getting some of the decaling, texturing done out of the way. Once I build the neck, I am curious on how to make the strings twang when I animate it , when the strings are strummed. If anyone can shed light on the subject please let me know, I have an idea, but whethere to use dynamcis or just completely hand animate it all is gonna be a pain in the butt.

I have two decals on the model, one I had for the decorative ring around the pickup, When I put the wood decal on, it put itself over it, is there any way possible in order to bring the decorative ring in front , on top ?

[attachmentid=17385]

post-8538-1150064249_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice start.

Acoustic guitars have a sharper edge as they go back. Yours look more like an electric guitar.

I made a chelo for a project of mine, I show it as an example of what I'm talking about.

[attachmentid=17389]

As for the strings, that'll depend on the shot. If it's a close up shot and you want to show the strings vibrating, then you'll have to assign bones to each one and play with blur feature until you get the look you want.

In my project, the chelo is in the background so no string detail is needed ...wheeew!

post-5367-1150073451_thumb.jpg

Ah , I thought so. Thank you for pointing that out Dhar. I guess it's the reference picture that I am using as a rotoscope is giving it that round look. But I have the strings modeled now, and now I have to do the neck.

As far the guitar itself, there is going to be a close up shot. This is a tiny part of the demo reel I am going to make and hope to have done before I finish my education in college.

I am looking into a website host that I can use temporarily as my online portfolio and ideas that I can store and put away. Currently I have Deviant Art, but I would feel better if I have someting of my own. So when I get the chance I will post up the storyboard that I am going to draw, out. Contents it's going to have, a nice song, and a catgirl as the singer! :D