sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Text on cards

scottl

Hi All,

I figure I should start by way of introduction as this is my first post. I have never animated anything in my life. However, that did not stop me from picking up a copy of Animation Master at NAB 2006 after watching the demonstration a couple of times. Kudos to the demonstrator for a very lively demo and for knowing the product well enough to make EVERYTHING look easy!

That being said, part of the demostration showed how one of the 'Tak' commercials was donw using objects layered in the camera's view. Something that stood out was that there was a card (for lack of a better term) off to the side that the camera panned over to that had the logo and information on it. This is something I would like to do, but I would like it to move across the camera's view revealing objects behind it as it slides out of view.

My first problem seems to be getting decent loooking text onto the card. I tried adding it as a decal but it looked very poor (I was using a JPG out of Photoshop). Should I be using TGA format here instead?

Also, when I moved the card in my choreography, it did not get moved in the playback. I added a keyframe and moved the card to it's next position, but it did not seem to have any effect. Other objects in the choreography are moving, so I'm not completely lost as to how to get things to move.

My card was made by drawing a spline and extruding it. I did not give it any depth however. Could this have had an effect on why I could not get it to animate?

Thanks for any pointers!

Scott

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the preview image in shaded mode will be MUCH rougher than the actual render.

Just click the quick render mode button, then click again in the choreography window. Wait a bit and you should see pretty much what your final render will be.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

The layer worked great. After I get the project done, I'll post it here so everyone can see my very first animated work and get a chuckle out of the fact that I have SOOO far to go! :)

Scott