Kelley

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would wholeheartiedly recommend video tutorials on rigging the face with bones made by itsjustme (David Simmons)... (they are somewhere in the tutorials section).

They do contain some basic explanations and then jump to the hard stuff... steep learning curve, but they contain some info which is not available enywhere else...

Together with the AOM, they should get you going in the right direction.

I would also highly recommend squetch rig (it was just made for the type of characters that you make - also by itsjustme - it comes with great instalation tutorial and plugin that would take much of the work to itself)

uh... it is located in the rigging section!

I think that this is all you need!

Drvarceto

• Hash Fellow

The book Character Animation in Depth by Doug Kelly is about 7 years old and out of date in many ways but has numerous examples of rigging situations actually demonstrated in A:M.

I spent a long time reading it and studying it to learn how to rig my character. Then TSM came along and eliminated all that and I was able to get animating and animate better than if I were using a rig I had constructed on my own.

trajcedrv:

"I would wholeheartiedly recommend video tutorials on rigging the face with bones made by itsjustme (David Simmons)... (they are somewhere in the tutorials section)."

Not too sure where you're pointing me here. Is it in the Hash site 'Tutorial Resources" section? I found an "A:M Resources Matrix" page. Same question with the 'rigging section"...

The book Character Animation in Depth by Doug Kelly is about 7 years old and out of date in many ways but has numerous examples of rigging situations actually demonstrated in A:M.

I spent a long time reading it and studying it to learn how to rig my character. Then TSM came along and eliminated all that and I was able to get animating and animate better than if I were using a rig I had constructed on my own.

robcat: Thanks. I checked out the book on amazon.com, and the users gave it mixed reviews. Seems it's heavily slanted to Lightwave. But...it's cheap [used] and I may go ahead and get a copy.

Did my e-mail get through to you? [quick re-hash here: bones detached most everywhere in the Actions window, and mesh didn't follow. But in the Choreography I got outstanding success. See attatched] Also sending latest on Beast.

[attachmentid=16564][attachmentid=16566]

No, I meant here on the forum... sorry that I wasn't too clear... my bad!

AHA! THAT 'Tutorials Section'! Thanks. Just looking over the table-of-contents, I want to download/print-out the lot....and thanks again!

BEAST_02.jpg

CHEAP_DINO.jpg

• Hash Fellow

That's a fine looking creature. It makes mine look like a bald rat

and I may go ahead and get a copy.
yes, it seems to bounce among several programs and much of it is not A:m at all; but the rigging stuff was surprisingly A:M heavy. For $4, it's a safe buy I think.

Did my e-mail get through to you? [quick re-hash here: bones detached most everywhere in the Actions window, and mesh didn't follow. But in the Choreography I got outstanding success. See attatched] Also sending latest on Beast.
Only go t the email today.

Looks like TSM constraints are not turned "ON" in the upper right window example.

edit: also... the tail on my sample dino was only set up to be done FK. you CAN drag the last bone around in IK fashion, but it's not recommended. I forget if TSM has an IK tail option...

Looks like TSM constraints are not turned "ON" in the upper right window example.

Maybe that's my problem with TSM2. Refresh my memory: where do you go to check to see if constraints are ON or OFF? Thanks.

• Hash Fellow

Maybe that's my problem with TSM2. Refresh my memory: where do you go to check to see if constraints are ON or OFF? Thanks.

"User properties" in Properties window

"User properties" in Properties window

OK. Thanks. I'm going to give TSM2 another shot. This time with the Quadaped Rig.

ps: Just checked the 'cheapdino9', changed TSM Constraints to On, and it works perfectly.