Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mountains with V13 beta Ambient Occlusion

I rendered this with multipass (4 passes) with occlusion sampling at 20%. It took 35 minutes to render.

I am so grateful to the Hash team for AO. Even teh vegetation looks great. There is room for improvement and I welcome it. Now one thing, I wasn't able to render with pixel displacement and ambient occlusion - the computer memory gets completely consumed and I reported this. What you see here is bump in V13beta but bump in beta looks way better than v12 I think.

post-671-1146172473_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I made a few fixes to the model since my last post - getting ready for the final render of the 15 second animation. I can't wait till v13 netrender is available - or is it already available? Anyway, here is the scene without AO and the scene with AO as requested. In the scene without AO I have the default choreography light setup (one key light for the sun with ray traced shadows and one key filler light which I think I had too much intensity).

In the image with AO, I have one kleg light with ray traced shadows and AO at 100% intensity, 100% occlusion and 15 samples.

post-671-1146324723_thumb.jpg

post-671-1146324767_thumb.jpg