Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help with Giraffe, Exercise 11

robbin

I am a newbie but I have been doing pretty good with the tutorials. I have been trying them first out of the book and then watching them online to pick up some extra tips, etc. However I can't seem to find an online version of Exercise 11, Giraffe. Does anyone know where I can find one? I am having some trouble following the book and could really use a visual tutorial. :huh:

Thanks,

Robbin :rolleyes:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The book can be a little hard to follow at times. I had to go over it several times. When I modeled this one, I always saved in steps just in case I did something wrong. Your best bet would be to describe what your having trouble with and maybe even post the file. This way we can take a look and help you with it.

I am having trouble with aligning the splines lathe onto the giraffe's face. In particular once I rotate the lathe shape and place it on the giraffe's head I am having trouble selecting several control points at once. It seems like the rotation throws off the grouping of control points. Also the lathe shape is either too big or too small (or so it seems to me) for the size of the giraffe's head.

This may all sound simple but for some reason it alludes me.

Thanks

Robbin