Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fight Scene WIP

Hello everyone. This is a fight scene that I'm working on for my demo reel. It's pretty short at the moment, but I'll do more as I'm able. I'm thinking that this sort of style would be good for getting in with a gaming company, but I'm not sure how to overcome the software barrier, as I am a long time Hash user, and don't really know other programs. Anyone out there doing video games, and have suggestions? Thanks!

fight.mov

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. This is a fight scene that I'm working on for my demo reel. It's pretty short at the moment, but I'll do more as I'm able. I'm thinking that this sort of style would be good for getting in with a gaming company, but I'm not sure how to overcome the software barrier, as I am a long time Hash user, and don't really know other programs. Anyone out there doing video games, and have suggestions? Thanks!

All 3d programs are basically the same. They have different approaches to doing things, but all do the same things. So all you've learned with Hash will serve you well.

Having said that, you should go learn another package. You will know alot more about 3D in general once you have mastered two different packages. I recomend _____ (you figure it out), as it is the most popular flavor of 3D in the pro world right now.

It is often said the software you use doesn't matter,it's your talent. This isn't true in the game world. Ramp up for projects tend to be so fast that you need to know the software packge they are using at least well enough to get by. So use your A:M work to show you have the chops, but know the package they are using.