sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Exception #005

artifice22

First off, this program rocks. But I keep encountering an error that is preventing me from saving ANY of my work.

"Exception #005. Saving. Atempting to continue, but this object may have saved incorrectly. The Door's Stuck Objects. If you can repeat this exception please send data and steps to http://www.hash.com/reports."

There's no way I can send my data, that takes for friggin ever. I can save my project just fine up until I receive that error, then it's like it knocks out everything I saved before that and my project reverts as though I hadn't touched it. Any suggestions?

Jake

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have dial up, so sending the project to Hash isn't a big option.

I'm using version 12.0

I've discovered that it actually won't save anything! Every type of animation I try to do, after a few minutes, it just stops being able to save.

Now it's true I've only been working with files from the CD so far. Is that the problem? But that's useless too, because it's not like I can put KeeKat on my hard drive and I don't know how to create my own yet.

Do I need more memory? AM is the only program open while operating.

Aside from the saving issues, there seems to be other bugs in my program. Perhaps it's a bad disk.

...sorry, version 12.0n+.

I have dial up, so sending the project to Hash isn't a big option.

I'm using version 12.0

I've discovered that it actually won't save anything! Every type of animation I try to do, after a few minutes, it just stops being able to save.

Now it's true I've only been working with files from the CD so far. Is that the problem? But that's useless too, because it's not like I can put KeeKat on my hard drive and I don't know how to create my own yet.

Do I need more memory? AM is the only program open while operating.

Aside from the saving issues, there seems to be other bugs in my program. Perhaps it's a bad disk.

...sorry, version 12.0n+.

Art,

Yes you can save the files to your hard drive.

David

In my own defense, I'm not THAT dumb. I mean, I'm not rocket scientist either, but no... I was not trying to save TO the cd. I was saving my project on my hard drive using images and models from the cd. I have been experimenting a lot today with models that are actually saved ON my hard drive and I have not experienced any save issues. Aparently it's the disk - unless it's spinning constantly in the cd drive, when the drive rests, your project is not reading the disk and when you save it, the cd data doesn't go with it.

Or something like that, is my guess.

It does hinder working through the tutorials, but not so much that I can't figure them out.

Thanks for your willingness to help guys. This program is killer!

PS. I just watched the online "Duel" video. My sincere respect and admiration goes out to the dude(s) who put that together.

When you load the models off the cd, their "save-path" is still going to the cd. When you save the project, AM trys to save the model over the previous version of the model.....which is on the cd.

The quick way to solve this is to right click on the project name>Embed all. This saves everything (excepts images) into the project file making it much larger.

A common newbie mistake.....

I take it one step farther.

When there is a model, material or image on the CD that I want to use, I do:

First I set up a dedicated directory for the project, we'll call it c:\artiface, (assuming you are using windows)

Next I setup sub directories for the models. Under c:\artiface\models\ I create directories for each model I want to use like c:\artiface\models\car, c:\artiface\models\woman etc..

All individual models have their own directories for the images applied.

Then when you want to use a model (after you copy it and it's associated items to the right directories) you just import it.

I realize this is a little anal-retentive, but it makes for excellent portability between computers etc.

As far as you being on dialup.... yuk.

You may want to find an A:M user close to you that can copy the latest update to CD and mail it to you. Actually anyone could, but I wasn't sure if you were in the states or not.

You REALLY want the updates. There are always fixes in them.

Hope this helps.

David

EDIT: I just read your system specs and you will probably want to upgrade your system memory. 256 Mb will be really sluggish. I run 2 Gb of RAM on my main system.