Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

About paths and constrains

Miguel Esteve

Hi everyone,

I organized my coreography and put in a Character, a camera and a path. What I wanted to do was to make the camera follow the path while pointing to the character. So, I gave the camera a Constrain "Aim at" in compesate mode to the character. First step done. Then, I applied a second constrain to the camera in order to follow the path (a 3 point curve around the character). When I did that, the camera begun following the path but aiming the path too. I clicked off the Store roll option in order not to aim the path and the camera started aiming to the front... but not to the character.

I tried to do this in A:M 7 and A:M 12 obtaining the same results in both cases. Could anyone help me to solve this, please?

Thanks a lot

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You might just have to retarget the aim at constraint to the character. Check it's properties to see what it's pointing at now.

It also might be related to not using the compensate button.

• Hash Fellow

So, I gave the camera a Constrain "Aim at" in compesate mode to the character. First step done. Then, I applied a second constrain to the camera in order to follow the path (a 3 point curve around the character).

When I did that, the camera begun following the path but aiming the path too.

The last constraint takes precedence over the first one. Do the "aim at" after the path constraint.

Thanks,

I've changed the order of the constrains: first "path", then "aim at" (without compensate mode) and it has worked fine. I think this way to move the camera is easier than doing it manually, I also apply the "aim at" constrain in order the camera points to a null instead the model so I can predeterminate the exact path to follow and add some variations by moving this null around the model.