Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

pathease problem

hi again. back on the A:M larning again after soom time.

picking up on the last tutarials i done. i have come across a problem with my A:M on my computer.

when i follow the project pathease on my machine. as i go to set the pathease to 100% for the first action, it delets the action.

i draw the path.

i drag and drop the knight.

i constrane him to the path.

i drag and drop on him the walk action

i drag and drop on him the wave action

i drag the walk action on the time line to last to 3 second

i drag the wave action to start at the 3 second point

i go to frame 3:00 (3 seconds) in the time (frame) box

i open up the path propertys and set the pathease

i type in 100

press the enter key and the walk action disapears from the timeline.

the action is still listed but the line i exstended in the timeline has gone.

if i run the frame the knight just stays at the end of the path and waves a the three second point.

any ideas?????????????

:(

attached is the two projects knight2 is before the pathease is set and knight3 is the sane project saved after i set the pathease.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[attachmentid=12814]

I assume you want something like what I posted here

what I did was put knight in chor and added resolute walk and wave to knight after constraining him to path

since walk was 1.01 sec I set chor length in action in chor to 3.03

for wave making sure it was set replace I set chor length to 3.03 to 5.10 ( wave 2.07 sec)

set ease to 100 at 3.03 seconds

rendered

tweaking actions change would make it cleaner but this will give you the idea

[attachmentid=12815]

hope this makes sense here is visual

[attachmentid=12816]

knight.mov

knight.zip

chor.jpg

tried that still the same. when i try to get the kinght to walk all the path them wave i.e. 100% ease on path then wave at the end of the path. the walk action is deleted from the veiw but not from the proterties.

it happens with any action that is set to run on the path.

if i get the kinght to wave whille moving along to path then jump. when i set the pathease to 100% for the end of the first action. it delets the first action. its as if there is some sort of overide on the pathease so the the ease dose not change.

i noticed from your project that the pathease setting rises as the knight goes along the path. with mine the knight is at that possision in the path it does not move. if i set the pathease to 100% at 2 seconds it's at the end from the start, 50% in the middle at the start and stays there.

knightjump is the three project files so you can see.

knightzip is my origanal two file one with the action a one after the pathease has been set.

knightZIP.zip

kinghtjump.zip

Hi angus, and welcome to the world of computer animation. Hint spend some time reading some of the good tutroils out there. There is alot of good looking bad Tuts out there that are not proof read. as a result they leave a lot of useful information.

I notice you make no mention of keyframing your choryograpgy action. When an Object completes an action and then has another added in the choreyography it helps if after every action you add a keyframe.

Try you project with out the path and the contstraint.

Another hint when filiming a walk action is to have your character in one place and have the background, groun/floor or camaer do the walking. You get a better effect if you leave the constraint to path when joining action.

I hope that helps.... or should I just quit work and do a full AM tutorial :lol:

PS Sorry my spelling sucks and the fourm spell checker not working. :lol:

If it worked once before then I would scrap your present project and start from scrath. It is not always easy to see what is wrong once a Window based program starts missibhaving. Up untill the middle of 2005 I was uninstalling and reinstalling AM 2 to 5 time a week. I am still using AM v10.5 but inbetween the last 6 months XP has upgraded to its best for AM. when ever I have to Update Windows I do clean reinstalation of AM. By the way draging and dropping can get trick and I would bet you might have missed the target for you action. I have stuck to the old right click on the model and chossing " import action". Try reinstalling AM.

i download the knight jump project

fixed it

[attachmentid=12839]

things I think were wrong actions should be applied in the order they will occur so jump comes before wave

I also turned on stride length in action for the jump

[attachmentid=12840]

look at all the settings on yours and mine and see what is different that should help...I set the ease at 100% at 2.02 secs which because of the length gave the number of jumps shown

fixedknightjump0.zip

fixedjump.mov

If it worked once before then I would scrap your present project and start from scrath. It is not always easy to see what is wrong once a Window based program starts missibhaving. Up untill the middle of 2005 I was uninstalling and reinstalling AM 2 to 5 time a week. I am still using AM v10.5 but inbetween the last 6 months XP has upgraded to its best for AM. when ever I have to Update Windows I do clean reinstalation of AM. By the way draging and dropping can get trick and I would bet you might have missed the target for you action. I have stuck to the old right click on the model and chossing " import action". Try reinstalling AM.

THAT'S IT system problem!

sorted, no deleting and i lerned lot of good get arounds.

i.ve remove A:M from the system, restarted then reinstalled of the origanal disk version 10.5.

all works fine. i am going to finish this project, them i'll reinstall the upgrades i had, too see if it goes wrong somewhere along the line.

(ever the optomist)

thanks for the help

angus