Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animated Fire for Larry b's Character

Hi larry - loved your character so much as shown in this thread

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=149036

(and I was coincidently working on animating a flame for myself) - so here is a test movie with project

I decaled the yellow flame part with an animated sequence - used distortion box in an action to change shape over time, & I varied color over time, - one could also play with varying ambiance, transparency, roughness for sparks, etc - use a better flame sequence for the decals - etc, change glow parameters in chor.

hope this helps some to get you going (if you haven't already)

Fire.zip

fire.mov

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nancy:

I have downloaded the ZIP file and seen hte MOV. I'll look into it a little biut later.

If you loved the fire blob, you may love to see the WATER Dude that was created to start me on my first production:

3water.jpg

Of course there is the rigging, adn the texturing thing that needs to be done on the characters, and the Local (location of action) and Props to make. Not to mention the story but it is a GREAT start.

Thanks again for your help

.pirate.gif -Larry B

Hello Nancy:

Actually, I was thnking about a firewater dance, or some other kind of Fantasia type animation. i have LOTS of ideas for this character combo, but the time it takes to work on it is not as much as it should have been.

Anyways, This is one of many project sI am running in parelell.

-Larry B

You could have used density in a fully transparent yellow droplet... looks good though. .smoker.gif

Thanks dan. I'll dig out the little drip later and see what I can do to improve it. Its just going to take a little more time than I was hoping. Work has me full time now :(

.pirate.gif -Larry B