Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Nissan 350Z for all you car lovers

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you have the shape down well, but the lighting is hiding the glossiness of the paint.

Also, I would recommend extruding a bottom on the car (just a simple black shape) so that you don't see the white in the wheel wells.

Keep up the good work.

Eugene

You've got the shape down, and the startings of a very nice model. Adding little details can help sell the model, and over all it could use bit more "weight" to it. If it hit a telephone pole, I feel looking at it that it would tear like tin foil, not crush like metal. Probably not much help but more concrete suggestions would be:

-add a steering wheel

-try to add small details like mounting brackets around the headlights, valve stems on the wheels, a little trim and molding here and there.

-the back window area is what makes the car seem flimsy to me... its seems impossibly thin.

Keep in mind that I think the shape is really nice, and the model is better than what I could do so good job!

C.

I have to agree that the car does look great. However, I have to agree with "Slipin Lizard" when he said to add some detail.

-In addition, looking at the picture on the left, the front bumper seems to disappear into the tire.

-The bottom of the grill, I noticed is a little twisted, kind of like it is made out of a cotton rope or something. Just something to think about.

-I also noticed a little red on the back of the car, where the spoiler is, don't know what that is, but a picture with more light on it would help alot to determine how smooth your model is.

-The other thing I notices is that the quarter panel, in the second picture, gets a little out of shape towards the bottom of the car.

-I also think that you should think about adding some tint to the window, and either change the color of the interior, or outline the seats with black, to give it more of a realistic feel.

All in all, the car looks great, and a lot better than what I could produce. My comments are only what I feel, I am not trying to dog you, only to help you.

Thanks

james

Yeah, just to touch upon what James is saying. Parker, you've got a great start. I tried modeling a Nascar and it was a disaster. As I am learning Animation Master, and particularly the modeling aspect, I think one of the most important steps is to be able to go back and rework a model. At first I would just try making something, and then move on to a new idea. But lately I've tried building something, getting the over-all gist of it, and then going back and trying to improve elements. I was modeling a skateboard, and made the wheel for it. The first time round, I had an ok wheel, but going through the process really made me think about what I needed to do with the splines to get what I was after. So, my second try at building the wheel went much better. Very basic, but it was satisfying to improve the model rather than just say "good enough" like I had been doing. I think you could work up you car to a pretty sophisticated level just by nit-picking it a bit, and pushing yourself to make it better.

Oh, and James, my name is Cal. Sorry man, when I signed on to this thing I just used my normal handle, I didn't realize that I would be so active with the forum.

Ok, Parker, lets see round two some time in the future!

C.