Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Walk Cycle w.i.p

Luxo

***Latest Update about 4 posts down****

Hey Everyone

I've got a walk cycle up for comment/critique, be harsh that's how I learn! This is a work in progress and is currently in the "step"/blocking phase. Tell me what ya think, and thanks! Download onto your Hard Drive and loop in your multimedia player please-needed to keep the size down.

walksteppedkey_0.mov

Edited by Pixar

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

weird optical illusion...

After watching this for a time, if you concentrate on the feet, it looks like the back foot is kicking the middle of the forward foot before taking a step forward. I guess it's the angle.

It looks like a pretty simple walk cycle, the only possible suggestion I could make is to tweak the arm movements a bit to avoid symmetry.

Steve P.

Looking good! I like that you're being creative with the walk and making a lively character here.

You might want to consider showing other angles, or at least a side view to go with this view, to make the animation read a bit more clearly.

It's hard to tell but it doesn't look like you have much weight in the upper body and head reacting to the up and down of the hips. You might want to work on that a bit, with those parts all bobbing in reaction to the body. With overlap so the weight flows up through the body one part after the other.

~Cristin

Thanks everyone! Lol, that is a weird optical illusion. Cristin, thanks, I was originally going for a completely realistic walk but this guy's feet are so gigantic I had to push some of the poses for him to lift them up-and they still go through the ground. I added head bobs but the upper body needs work it's still stiff. As you can see in these updates (below) there's something kinda important missing-ARMS! The arms are driving me crazy, there something wrong with the rotation IK/FK/AK/OK or whatever, technical stuff isn't my cup of tea. So I left the arms off for now and I'll try and fix the problem. Great rig BTW whoever made the model-fun to use (I'm sure the arm thing is all my fault) So please ignore the fact he has a few limbs missing and let me know what you think! (Feet need work among other things)

http://media.putfile.com/SideLOop11 Side

http://media.putfile.com/FrontHashForums

Thank-Ya'll