Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Star Trash II ... Trailer A =^.^=

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that a number of you have had a look at the trailer, thoughts and impressions?

I saw "NNX Leaving Space Dock" and thought it looked really good but it seemed like it lacked in a couple areas, for instance: -At the beginnning when the little ship is gliding through space and into the space dock, more sound fx, i.e engine noise and airlocks would have sold it better. More detail & 1 or 2 small blinking lights in that little glider-ship wouldn't hurt either.

-On the live action acting side, maybe more "kirkish" emotion from the captain when giving orders would be cool ;) & probably different camera angles of the captain too like depth of field or something along those lines.

Overall, nice work!!! 4of5 stars!

I thought the trailer was pretty funny - cracked me up. Liked it. Alot.

As for the "leaving the space dock" clip - I could see a lot of good editing - but felt overall that the pace for all those space ships floating in space was just too too slow, and too too many - not enough whiz bang or comedy to keep my attention -

BUT - big BIG disclaimer: I am not a sci-fi fan, nor star trekkie - so no matter how much whiz bang - not sure it could keep my attention - I would prefer to see more spoofy-iness introduced - was played way too serious-straight to be a parody based on the excellent funny tone of the trailer.

The trailer had the look of an intended "home made low budget flick" - that's what made it funny in parts, as well as the great text. The clip also had the homemade look - but it wasn't clear that it was intended - play that up some more (IMO) - go over the top hokey-brokey.

and that's my not even $.02 worth

Thanks for the comments.

Star Trash II is an effort in making myself ready for the industry by means of practice.

It does seem to get better as we go along. It's fun too.

We really do hope to complete the project by Spring of next year.

My only regret is that I wish I had started out with Hash A:M in the first place instead of Carrara. That would have opened up more options for what is possible in this project.

See you at the movies! :)

• 3 weeks later...