sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Distortion Box

Okay, so in order to be able to continue my animation excersices I need a fully functioning character.

I finished the eye setup - a la Sphere's deformed in a pose to keep the pupils onthe surface(see keeKat model on hash cd)

and deformation boxes to add character to the character!

quick and dirty test

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/DTest1.mov

Mike Fitz

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet if you had enough geometry built into his limbs and enough sections in the distortion cage, with bones for each cage "ring" or box, that you could make his arms stretch and wrap around things like certain elastic super hero's.

I bet if you had enough geometry built into his limbs and enough sections in the distortion cage, with bones for each cage "ring" or box, that you could make his arms stretch and wrap around things like certain elastic super hero's.

Hey John, I bet your right, but I also bet I'd rather you work on that than me!!!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• 4 weeks later...

First attempt.

Please see attached.

I do wonder why the distort cage does not curve like splines normally do.

Part of the problem might be that too many of the sections of the cage are centered on the hand. How to fix that?

Hmmm....

I still think this has potential.... but if this does not work right now, I could always assignn a bone per spline ring on the arm and assign those to nulls, so I can use a few nulls to effect a swirly curve, using only a few nulls.

STRETCH_Project1.prj