Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Various animation exercises.

Hey everyone I'm back!-that's right I left ;) . I took a 3 month break from the forums so I could focus more on animation. Here's what I pooped out.

(I would really appreciate critiques. Forget that "Dont say anything at all if you dont have anything nice to say" stuff, rip them apart, that's how I learn.)

Please be patient with files, they can take while to load, but do not exceed 4mb

Lets start from where we left off, heres the revised version of my first walk that I posted three months ago. I still cant get the 'choppiness' of the last frames to go away. ***Walk*** + Walk in Simplified Shapes (Eliminates most of the choppy parts)

A ball reacting to gravity, can you find the hidden words in the mound of letters? :)fallingball

A sphere with internal motivations, I'm aware that the first hop is faster than the others, need ta fix that.Click

Bouncing ball w/legs (overlap/secondary action exersise)-On Ice! Sorry'bout how far away the camera is, I had to find a way to fit it all in.Bouncingballwithlegs

Walk; from the hips down, just learning the mechanics of a walk.Hip-Walk

180 turn, I have a newer version-with no big changes-but due to tech difficulties I cant show you it (thats another post)Turn 180

Side step, again from the hips down, trying not to jump ahead of myself, please notify me if I am.Click here to watch sidestep_7

I have a couple more I'll upload here, I also have four 2d animations ready to be shown, am I allowed to them here? I know people are a bit touchy about non-hash art posted here, that's understandable since this is a hash forum.

Thanks for spending your time looking at these, any comments, critiques, even ideas for future exercises for me are appreciated, thanks! Josh

****EDIT**** I made a mistake and posted my work in WIP, could a mod please move my post to Showcase. Thanks!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Josh, first I'd like to say that very admirable to break away from the forum for 3 months. I don't think more than a day would go by with out at least checking in:)

I like all of the samples you posted. I think they all show some very good promise. I don't have any specific issues with your work, except for the first walk cycle that is very very blocky in motion.

I especially liked the ball with legs turning around and the side step samples.

That tells me that you can animate in a scene.

Nice stuff!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Hash Fellow

Hard to comment on the walks seen from the front because it's hard to coment on walks seen from the front.

I quite like sidestep 7.

Squash and stretch seems mistimed on hipwalk. For example the squash is starting before the contact pose (the impact is what would trigger squash).

On bouncing ball with legs there are several instances where the squash has happened before the ball contacted the ground and/or it remained squashed after leaving the ground. In general the ball is on the ground too long at each bounce.

180 turn ends well, but the weight doesn't appear to be shifting right at the beginning.

But those are fine tests. Keep doing more short bits like this that incorporate the same principles.

Hard to comment on the walks seen from the front because it's hard to coment on walks seen from the front.

I quite like sidestep 7.

Squash and stretch seems mistimed on hipwalk. For example the squash is starting before the contact pose (the impact is what would trigger squash).

On bouncing ball with legs there are several instances where the squash has happened before the ball contacted the ground and/or it remained squashed after leaving the ground. In general the ball is on the ground too long at each bounce.

180 turn ends well, but the weight doesn't appear to be shifting right at the beginning.

But those are fine tests. Keep doing more short bits like this that incorporate the same principles.

Thank you both you've been very helpful!

Yes, your right I think I'll hold the squash and stretch a couple more frames, make it match up o that movement, thanks for catching that! correct me if I'm wrong but on the 180 turn he's off balance when he's turning? So I should move him more on his left foot, correct? Thanks for your help again you two.

Anyone else? :D