Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SquashyBones

I was experimenting with distortion boxes today, and I realized there is an older trick that I had never tried before. so I tried it! I scaled a parent bone and put it in a pose slider, and then I could control squash and stretch very easily. The only distortion box I used was one around the "nose" of the green character. Thre rest of the squash and stretch is done by scaling bones with pose sliders or just plain scaling them in the chor.

What fun! My next project is going to have squishies!!!

matt

The file is a DIVX. sorry Apple users :(

GooberJump.avi

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The file is a DIVX. sorry Apple users :(

Actually, works fine on my Mac with QT7, but won't play on my PC at work until I submit a ticket to have the Divx codec installed. Then I have to come up with a reasonable explanation as to why the man-hours need to be expended to install the Divx codec, and why the standard windows media player that's already installed is not good enough for me, but seems to be fine for everyone else here in the cube farm. :blink:

Welcome to the corporate world.

can u please explain with pix how u did that cuz i'm still a newbie and don't know the pose slider and what does it do

I wish I had time to figure out a good way to explain pose sliders to you, but I don't. Here's a few tips:

Page 139 of "the art of Animation Master" (exercise 12)

link to an older Pose slider Tut.

http://www.alienlogo.com/tincan/pose1.html

Also check out exercise 12 in the video tutorials on Hash.com.

Once you have that down, it is just a matter of using the scale properties on the bones in your poses. Sorry I can't take you through it right now.

Matt