Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A Short Exercise

I know this is not that good, animation-wise, but I'm learning a lot about A:M by working on this. I build a scene, render it, change something, render it again, add some different materials, render it again, etc... and I'm trying to learn more about about compositing and all that that entails.

So it's a good exercise for me.

Here's the link to the film:

http://www.irish-studios.com/F4andTieFighterMovie.wmv

I thought I'd post this just for the heck of it. The audio needs a lot of work, especially the dialogue as it's almost indecipherable unless you know what it says.

But if you're interested, the dialogue goes:

"Houston, this is Sub-Flight One. I just saw something fall out of space. Are you showing anything on radar? Over."

"Roger that Sub-Flight One. We don't know what it is, but it's coming up fast on your six. Over."

"Roger Houston. I'm going to try to lose it in the clouds."

"10-4. Keep us posted."

"Houston! They're shooting at me! They're shooting at me."

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... that was fun!!! The animation wasn't too bad, I thought the choice of music was interesting.

The blue background for the titles was a little... blah, but you can insert a starfield or something later on as you keep playing with it.

Looks like you picked up a few tricks in A:M, keep going. Beleieve it or not you inspired me to play with A:M a bit more.

It still boggles my mind that with a sub $500 computer and A:M ($300) - one person can accomplish sooo much compared to just a few years ago.

• Hash Fellow

One thing I notice, objects flying near the camera appear to move slower than objects far away.

The reverse should be true in flyby situations like you are presenting in this movie