Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Deer walk

Greetings,

This isn't the image quality generally enjoyed on this forum, but since it's my first A:M model to make it from point A to repository, I'm pointing it your way.

The video is 22+M, and I'm unable to crank out another version. Hopefully it is a generally viewable codec. I know the deer is on the large size, but remember the camera adds 20 lbs and small objects tend to disappear in the simulator (strictly a visual thing, no alien technology involved).

My thanks to the creator of the horse model on the v10 CD - this would have been a longer road without that leg up.

deer walking

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodney,

This is from a real-time simulation. The environment is created offline, but everything (driver eyepoint, scenario vehicles, critter) are all controlled through scenario control, 60x/second. As such, the scene isn't actually put together in the way scenes generally are.

The environment contains visual and virtual data to permit the host computer to calculate where objects need to go/be at various times.

• Admin

Re: What you just said.

Entirely too cool then. :)

So you build the models and the visual and virtual data tells the simulation where to place everything?

I want one. :)

Good job! Keep posting.

gonzo,

Interesting! Is this being used for the UI driving simulator?

I contributed some hardware to that in its early stages...

Iowa= High technology... We gotta pump jack in the kitchen... but ya still gotta use the outhouse.... :D

Charlie in Iowa

IIRC it was a video card... just one... you have to remember, this was years ago... (i think they were upgrading from stone tablets!) prolly before NDA's anyway... I started my computer biz back in 1991-2 quit for good and all in '98

I like the demo.

Charlie