Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my spaceship

i have lights around my ship, but they don't render for some reason. On the engines there are red lights and on the ship . . . i don't no why they didn't render. But, this is my space ship that i did, tell me what you think

update: for some reason the red lights now render, but if you look close at the space ship, their are chain guns mounted on the top and on the glowing engines, the yellow lights that are just bone lights, set with no specularity, do not render.

ship_test0.JPG

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might want to provide more detail. Are the lights actul lights or just geometry? If they are actual lights are the inside or outside the geometry? Are they set to cast shadows or not? Does the material have any transparency? Glow?

Cheers

I also have a problem where the bump-maps, for no reason, instead of being 5% render at 500%. This occurs randomly and somtimes not. I have to retexture the ship before i can render it, but as you can see here, that only works half the time now. I have a two two layered matierials for the color and the bump maps (2 bump maps in one .mat and 2 colors in the other .mat) Im using AM v 10.5 and i just bought the latest update, which should ship. Is it my model or my program?

ship_test0.JPG

You are going to have to be more specific in your requests - we can't read your mind!

What is rendering 500% instead of 5% - the Bump scale? the map scale? Where did you apply the scaling - in the parent mat fiel or the shortcut on the group? Are you using an image in your mat or it procedural? Is it a standard AM mat or a third party plug-in? Which specific version of AM10.5 are you using? (I know my version 10.5r - the last version 10.5 released I believe - has some idiosincracies and do the appropriate fixes in v11 or v11.1)

Cheers

The material is a procedural AM turbulence. In the parent mat file, i have the bump scale set to 5%, when the prj is saved, or the model with the mat applied to it is put into the choreography, the bump percent of the mat changes to 500%.

my AM version is 10.5r

sorry for being not very detailed, i dont no that many terms, im young and stupid . . .

thanks

I'm just throwing out a possibility here, so it may not be applicable to your situation....but......

If you are putting in the number 5 which is 5.00, that is 500%.

So it may just be a decimal error? 5% would be 0.05

Don't know if that will make a difference for you, but it may be worth trying.

You might consider setting the starfield as a spherical map (in which case, you need to rotate the sphere or the camera after applying the texture so the image doesn't get the map union or some stretching) or maybe, a bunch of small 3 point patches with 100 percent of ambience making a sphere. I built one long ago and it proved to be very efficient.

Also, try looking for a good camera angle shot. That sideview doesn't look so spectacular. Play a little bit with the zoom and distance from the ship to the camera. Those are my two cents.

That US flag is an old one, isn't it? Could it be that the future in space means some kind of time cycle to the times of the Civil War? Is the US flag going to be, eventually, just a symbol or icon to put on battleship hulls? I wonder...

Eos