sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bashing together parts...

Sevenar

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sort of. I changed the diffuse color of the model to hide most of the gray patches, then I re-rigged it using TSM2.

The good thing is that the new Halo 2 models come out skinned properly in the first place, it's just the old Halo 1 models that have the glitched UV maps.

The only problem now is that when I chopped Gala's head off to put inside the helmet, the bones came over but none of the poses did, and when I try to transfer them between models they either don't work or distort the face in weird ways. I think it's probably due to the splines being renumbered, as most of the poses are direct spline manipulation by # instead of bones/smartskin poses.

Oh well, if it was easy, it would be boring, right?

Yeah, that dawned on me last night. What I had done was import Gala into a second model window and did a "copy/paste with bones" on just the head. What I should have done was import her into the MC's model window and then tossed out the stuff of hers I didn't need. D'oh! I'll try that today.

That seemed to work. Now I just have to be able to pick an environment map image without A:M crashing... :(

Anyone know off hand how/where to set the image name into the saved .MAT material file so I don't have to deal with the crashing picklist problem? (EDIT: Use the eyedropper tool and select an imported image from the image list in the PWS.)

Oh, and to the person who requested the model, send me another msg, please. I accidentally erased the first.

One more thing--make sure if you're going to do something like this to rename any bones that have the same name in both models first. I had to rename Gala's "Root", "Neck" and "Head" in order for the relationships not to interfere with each other.

Now, if I can get lip-sync to work, this will put me well on my way to making my film...