Machineflesh Donkey

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Russel,

Overall, an interesting idea.

The color scheme is fairly good, I like the contrast with the metal, donkey fur, red curtain, wooden floor, and cello. The lighting is spot-on (sorry... bad pun). The mechanical arms are well done.

Okay, areas that I think could use some improvement. The following is just one guy's opinion.

Overall, donkey is disproportionate, especially his legs and head. Donkey should be squat with short legs. His head seems small compared to the rest and his neck seems a bit too long. His eyes and his muzzle could be bigger.

Dude, you forgot Donkey's white patch on his chest and the tuft of hair on top of his head.

Donkey's head looks a bit reflective.

If I were going to do something simular, I'd "Borg-ize" a bit more. Perhaps give him an eyepiece. Replace one ear with an antennae.

Give the rose stems a bit of bow to them.

Anyway, that what strikes me as needing improvement.

Steve P.

• Hash Fellow

Yes, that is an interesting idea.

Bass players always seem to be leaning into their basses. The head tilt is good. Do more like that with the rest of the body.That would give this more weight. Right now he's too stiffly balanced on his feet. Turn the bass a bit too so it's not so frontal and flat.

How about a more discernable woodgrain on the bass? And beat it up some. You never see a bass that isn't scratched up from being carried all around and bumping into things. The pegbox at the top is a bit skimpy.

And how about if he was bowing it instead of playing pizzicato? The bow could be an integral part of his arm.

The carrot is a very funny touch. :lol:

That's a fun shot. Thanks for showing it!