Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MyBuddy has been revived!

howdy hashers,

well i finally got down to working on implementing Jason's method, and it has been a blast! i've learned a ton of new stuff about AM and really like the ease of use once setup. i haven't set up the entire simple system, because i think i am going to go back and do the advanced setup. anyway here is a little video of my setup so far. enjoy.....any comments welcome.

WIP Simple Setup

thanks,

dieter

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone post a link to the thread for this system?

Also, could you use this on a character who already has facial poses?

I would love to use this with Happy Bear. I am going to have TONS of lip synch and facial animation to do.

Vernon "?" Zehr

Hey Dieter,

Looks good man. I have used this system in some of my AM acting pieces and found that having the eyes LOOK AT controlled by one of these doesn't work well. The problem being that everytime you move the head you have to counter animate the eyes to keep them looking in the same place. My current solution for eyes is to have them each aim at an individual target bone, and then have both target bones as children of a null. That way I can move the eyes focus wherever I need easily with the null, and it stays fixed, but if I need to cheat the eyes I can move the individual targets.

The eyebrows on this character I think you can make more expressive. Currently the poses seem to control the flesh above the eyebrows, but the actuall shape of the shadow created by the bone ridge stays the same, so the eyebrow effects are pretty subtle. I think you should not be afraid to really manipulate the bone ridges to get really expressive and different eyebrow shapes.

The model looks great man! Good splining and good poses! Now get animating! :P

Hey Vern,

You have to already have poses set up to use this system, the nulls are really just controlling how much of a pose is activated.

threadHere's the link to the first thread

I just went and posted in it the little how to that Bill Y kindly sent me when I asked.

And here's a similar thread

-Alonso