Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CG/Live Action Mix

MATrickz

Hey heres something I put together really quik...

Can you guess what real and not? haha, probably. I wish I were that good ;)

I was going to add reflection maps...but I cant figure out how to soo... is it just a type of decal or what?

Remember, CC is ALWAYS welcome!!

post-8-1096327716.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok here goes.... UGHHHH SO HARD *copy* EGHHH!!! *paste*

http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/tutorial/fpm/

haha great tutorial check it out...

Heres a summary...

1)Get a pic and set it as a rotoscope

2)model the basic surface of whatever you want to recieve shadows etc.

3)set up a light which you want to cast shadow.. use a klieg, with z-buffer on

4)on the basic modeling you did that is going to recieve the shadows etc, set it to front projection map ON and flat shaded ON

And then there ya go , set up some more light so it looks real (I didnt spend too much time) make the shadows go the right way and set the z-buffer softness etc to make it "fit in".

5)Have Fun!!

reflection maps are a material.

Overall it looks pretty good but... :D

The main light source used in your render coming out of the wall on the right, from the image I'd say the light source is more frontal (looks like a flash is the main light source. Other ways to improve it would be the throwing the objects slightly out of focus to match the image, adjusting the specular and reflective materials, and (not sure if this is possible) making the tabletop a soft reflection.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll definately use them!

Yeah I forgot where I saw, reflection map. Thanks a lot, I'm gonna try that next time. Also, I did take a flash.. I actually used the wrong pic, I think I had one with the natural shadows but I was already too far into it to start over... :rolleyes:

I tryed to blur the image in photoshop some but I think its also kinda grainy so I should have spent more time on that, your right. I also considered using soft reflection because it would have made it look really good, but I have'nt been able to get it to work yet so I have some testing to do with that first!

Thanks so much for helping out with this! I'm thinking of making some kind of flim with CG mixed into live action and I really want to get that Tracking software I think its called Synth Eyes or somethin, but I need to make some money first <_< . Anyways, its certainly fun doing this! :)

Later

whoah! I just noticed that you can see the edge of the model! AHH! I never even saw that, did any of you notice it?? Its like that lighter line on the wall in the back..grrr.. <_<

Hey... I have the same eyeglass case as you.

Nice work... I've been watching your posts... you've been progressing very quickly.

Thanks! haha, yeah the case is cool... and about the whole watching my posts thing... thats creepy! but thanks a lot!! :ph34r::lol:

Don't forget about "Post Effects" like film grain etc.

I know I tryed to blur it up some in photoshop but your right, it could use some noise.

For extra credit, put the CG elements in the reflective item toward the rear.  I don't know how one would go about that, though.

Its actually pretty easy, you do the same thing as you do with the desktop, you just have to make the basic shape of the front of the "real" object and then set it to flat shaded/front projection map! fun fun!

Thanks for all the comments guys! I've learned a lot from this!

Geez... I'm sorry that I creeped you out by telling you that I've been monitoring your posts...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I was watching you sleep the other night. You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you.... I was afraid my moustache might have been tickling your feet, though.

(okay... that even creeped me out.... just for the record, I don't even have a moustache)

-Jim

Here's another pic I made in 2 seconds... sorry I'm having way too much fun with this!! :D , I can't wait to make an animation using this technique!

Next purchase: Synth Eyes B)

Next goal: get a job to make some freakin money.. to get synth eyes... <_<

Geez... I'm sorry that I creeped you out by telling you that I've been monitoring your posts...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I was watching you sleep the other night. You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you.... I was afraid my moustache might have been tickling your feet, though.

I'm gonna sleep with one eye open now! :ph34r: haha

post-8-1096409258.jpg

Right on dude! I love to see CG mixed with live action/still....it gets your mind going as to the possibilities.

Definitely get SynthEyes!!! I just got it and it is amazing! I have never really used a motion tracking software before and only understood the basic principles. Since I got SynthEyes a few days ago I have spent a total of maybe 5-6 hours on it and have tracked and composited the demo as well as a couple of my own test shots.

It is so much fun! And I want to have someone else doing it to keep me motivated.

Also, I'm trying to think of cool/easy ways to apply it so if you can think of anything that would be cool to try let me know.

Later dude. Keep up the good work...and get SynthEyes.