Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Escher cubic gallery

gra4mac

I'm redoing my web site and wanted to do someting interesting. I decided to try doing a cubic gallery with the stills on the walls. Being a big fan of M.C. Escher I used Reletiviy as my insperation. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions. When it's uploaded, each image will have a hotspot link to a larger image. I'll be doing a video gallery next.

wall_640x480.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks xade. No AP here. I built the set, cubicly, ie the walls form a cube. Put a camera in the center with the focal length set to 17.5 whatevers, and the hight and width set equal. This makes the feild of view 90 degrees and each wall fits exactly. Then aim at wall 1, rotate 90 degrees to wall two, and so on to get an image of all 6 walls. These 6 images are used to make a QuickTime cubic. That's it. I'll add hotspots for the links later.

Oh,yes. You wanted to do something interesting and I think you've achieved that. It definately needs the hotspots to fully deliver but this is very cool.

How do you put this together? Do you need Quicktime Pro?

One suggestion, and I don't know if it's even possible, would be to have the cube spin once when the page loads so that it alerts the viewer to the fact that it is an interactive image. Maybe not. It was just a thought.

Great stuff. Be sure to post again when the hotspots are active.

Paul Forwood