sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HELP! Can't figure out a few things.....

Okay people... here's my dilemma(s).....

1) I can't grasp the whole "decal" thing at all. Just don't get it. Is there any straight forward tutorial that shows a complete idiot how to do it from scratch?

2) I would love to show you my recent work in the WIP room, but I am not sure of which format to use, nor am I sure how to save just the MODEL and not the whole project.... A;M doesnt seem to let me choose the .mdl ending.

3) Any ideas on how to bone a UFO Saucer style with the bottom that open straight down.... without swaying back or forth, as if it were connected to a piston in the center? This would be alot easier to show you if I knew how to upload images....

4) And finally..... sprites... I need a tutorial on that, too. It's greek to me... and I even know a little latin, and I can't figure it out.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought have you done any of the exercises in the book I think a lot of what you're asking should be covered there. I know it is not fun to read the manual and do the excercises but there are even downloadable videos of these on the hash site to aid you visually.

Decals are like the decals on old plastic models and/or stickers you make a decal to show a picture on a certain part of a model then following the direction in the book or through a tut apply it where you would like it

the easiest way to post a wip is output the render to a quicktime file even if its one frame then upload it from your machine when doing the wip part of forum.

At the bottom it show a box and a browse button browse on your machine to find the file and then it will be upload when you post

the door could be done with a percentage pose very simple if you have done the exercises

sprites are pictures that an emitter (fancy name for a patch or group of patches) can emit or shoot out look on the cd under data materials particles and you should find sprite examples

saucer.mov

and here is the project less the decal called newlogo and the sprite that is on the cd

you can skip the newlogo file when loading and find the sprite file on the cd when loading and you should be all set

the sprites are the white things that get unloaded

best I could do in about 20-30 minutes

also go read the manual and view the tuts

saucer.zip