sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I FINALLY HAVE BUILT A MODEL

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd ease up on the density of the roughness or texturing you have going on- that'll read not so well when you animate it.

Other than that- it's a good start.

I don't envy you the road ahead, however... it takes a looooong time to learn this and a looooong time to make any headway on "short" films. :P

It's a little too geometric for my tastes. I'd like to see a little more flowing and organic shapes (less angles more curves). IT's very satisfying to create something with the program. I do have one suggestion for you, however, and that is "don't think so hard". That may sound odd, but it's the same with any of the 3D programs that are available. They offer SO much in terms of tools and resources, that it is very easy to get caught up in trying to add every effect or texture that you can find. Start small (using the tutorials is a good way to get comfortable with things) and then work your way up to the models that interest you.