sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

RepublicGunship

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put small detail into it but then took it out because I'll mostly be using it for background filler. It will be far enough away so the texturing matters but the detail won't matter as much. The only thing I don't like is the front. If you look at the actual model LucasArts made, the front is curved inward towards the top. I couldn't curve it because of the shape of the body. Otherwise, I'm pretty pleased. B)

How about some wireframe shots... and could you also supply a side view and front views... I can't tell you whats wrong from what you're showing. other than the wierd shapes of these "Lucas-esc" type ships... you can get away with small changes to the actual plan... because when the ship is in motion... it'll be a blur anyway... and like you said far enough into the background to avoid close scrutinization.

In Windows machines you can just hit Alt+Insert/PrntScrn buttons ( which copies an image of your screen to the clipboard) then just paste into a new document in a photo editor or paint program. ;)

the head on view (front view) shows that it's not narrow enough at the top and doesnt have the round corners associated with this vehicle. I hope you don't mind, but I had one more look at the movie to make sure I was seeing this right...

SeenInMovie.jpg

P.S. You don't have to take my advice, I'm no expert... But I love Star Wars and all of it's parts. You are close enough already to a likeness of the ship, but I would love to see an exacting duplicate.

Thanks for sharing... I'm waiting to see it in motion!

lol maybe i should make a knife! :D i can't get curves ont he edges b/c of the starnge shape of the body... Any tips? Mayeb after I show you the wireframe. I'll put it up soon. :rolleyes: Also, on ther inset, same problem. I'm not too advanced with splinemanship so i need some help. Also, I realized those problems for I too am an obsessive Star Wars freak! :P lol

I couldn't help the temptation to try this... it is very difficult to do... take a look at it and try it... I had a hard time with the indented parts... but I just wanted to show you what I meant about round corners...

I attached the model I tried...

tstsw.mdl

Excellent work!! Much more like the original! I love it even more.

All I can see that is different from the actual one from the movie (I know you are using the GameArts version of it as your reference), is that it looks to me like the one in the movie version has rounder edges on the top of the body... I think it's acceptible as-is if your pressed for time... if not, round the top edges more, in my opinion.

The Force Is With YOU!

;)