sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Armed and Dangerous.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was going to do that, but it would mean either a huge chest or lots of 5 point patches right beside each other. Then I saw images on the net with arms coming out of the stomach area....

My main problem with this figure is that the second set of arms just kinda looks tacked on. Other than that I like it.

FWIW: Dave Cockrum ( a comicbook artist) did a few issues of John Carter of mars way back in the late '70s -- he drew the second set of arms with a smaller set of pectorals and then had the stomach muscles below it. The torso was about an extra head taller ( so in a 8 head figure, the torso is about 3 heads tall for a 4 armed guy the torso would be 4 heads and the figure would be 9 heads tall). The extra pecs would give the secondary set of arms some extra strength for lifting and such. The second set of arms would need to have some kind of clavicle-shoulderbone "harness" that the armbones would fit into and be able to get some leverage so the arms would be useful. In cases like this, I've found that creating a skeleton that fits the character (drawing on paper with pencil) and then doing some stick-figure poses with the character helps with refining the structure of the bones for it. Then once you have that done, a sketch of the character is lots easier.

I tried looking for some art to post and couldn't find any. sorry.

With all that being said, your model looks good. Thanks for sharing!

Getting better Ken! The ol' guy's taking shape and looking really good. Kinda miss the purple-ish skin tone, though. Raising the arm and emphasing the ribcage as a secondary set o' pecs did the trick for these eyes!

Looking forward to continued developement.

Good job!