Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V11 Hair WIP Movie

Hey- Meet Harriet.

Good Side: V 11's hair modelling tools are quite nice, and I love the way they react to your characters motion...I'm having fun and look forward to rigging Harriet with TSM and the new CP weights...

Bad Side: This model keeps crashing the renderer. On this test I was lucky to get 69 frames rendered, but it was a 150 frame chor. I set it to render overnight, usually, and come in to see A:M has crashed. Today I came in and saw it had crashed so I figured maybe I should download the latest version, 11E. So I did, and then went to open this project. Crash. So I uninstalled v11 and cleaned out the registry. Reinstalled, open proj-crash, open model-crash, import model-crash...

I finally had to open the model thru v 10.5, which made me delete the hair, but I was at least able to salvage the model... so I get to start all over on styling the hair, which is OK because I need to practice, but...c'mon!

Qeustion: Does anyone know if the new hair respondes to forces? I havent been able to get it to...

hair_V11.mov

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

11e seems to have some problems loading older models and projects. I've had similar problems to yours. Do you have version 11d? If so, uninstall 11e and reinstall 11d. I reported my problems to Hash, and they're working on a fix.

I think Hash keeps one older version on their FTP site, so 11d should still be there. Here's the link: ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2004/old/ - for the regular CD version of AM, use AM2004.exe.

That video clip is awesome. I love the movement of the hair.

Too bad about the crashing and losing the hair, but at least you got the model saved.

Let us know when all is back to normal. I'd like to see some more testing. Maybe see her jump up and down a whole lot. :P For the hair movement, of course. ;)