• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Progressing slowly but making progress little by little.

It seems that each time I think it might be a good time to post on A:M Digest related happenings the timing just hasn't been right.

Just to let everyone know where we are at this time here is a little update.

The year is being broken down into themed issues.

12 themes in twelve issues.

Underneath those 12 themes are 52 basic sub-themes.

For instance:

One theme (currently expected to be issue #4) is the "History" Issue.

Four sub-themes start to emerge:

- Hash Inc History

- Community History

- Animation:Master Features and Progression

- Year in Review (and on to the future)

I know that is a bit too generalized but thought I would give everyone at least something to think about. Especially you old timers... Do you recall something that others might find interesting.

An example under Community History:

Within the Community theme there is space for the legendary users of A:M to say their piece about what they have done and are doing with A:M.

There will be space for new users too! So anyone who would like to promote what you are working on... or just say "I'm a part of the A:M Community" there should be space to do just that.

Other sub themes aren't hard to guess. Just look at the current (and past) feature list. Then look at the Image and Animaiton contest themes... lot of potential there!

Here are a few possibilities:

A:M Forum/Community Navigation

Anime

Booleans

Chat

Choreography

Coloring/Textures/Materials

Comic Books/Heroes

Contol Point Weights

Customizable toolbars, menus and keyboard shortcut keys

Decal View (UV Editor)

Displacement Materials

Distortion Boxes

Dynamic Constraints

Expressions

Gaming

Hair

Hash Fellows

Lighting (Reflective Blend/Reflection Filter/Soft Reflections/Fresnel Term/Light Attenuation etc.)

Magnet Mode

Mechanical Modeling

Modeling

Multiplane/Compositing

Music/Sound Integration

Netrender

Non Linear Animation

Optimum System Setup

Plugins/Wizards

Post Effects

Programming

Props

Rendering/Render Settings/Multi-Pass

Rigging Solutions

SciFi/Fantasy

Shading

SIGGRAPH/Trade Show schedule

Software Development Kit

Sprite Emitters

Support

Timeline and Project Workspace

Toon Rendering

User Groups

User Interface/Navigation

Webpages and Establishing a Web Presence

Well, that's not 52... but you get the idea...

Once any specific sub-theme gets enough good information/articles to 'complete' a themed issue it will be put on the official schedule.

So, deadlines are on a sliding scale to help everyone get involved.

Do you see something I've missed?

Would you like to contribute to a certain theme or lend your expertise to an specific area?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Let's get published!

Rodney

Rodney,

I don't know what your response has been behind-the-scenes, but I would suggest actually seeking out some members of the community and flat out asking if they'd be willing to contribute on a given subject. Some folks are pretty well known within the community as being experts on one topic or another above all else. I know it's an imposition, but it can't do any harm to ask. They just might say yes!

• Admin

Paul,

Will Do!

I really value the experts opinions and will need them to have any chance for a successful digest.

I doubt very much that anyone would read a bunch of sad stabs from yours truly... I'm a fan and a hobbyist... I yield to the experts. Aren't you glad that is the case! :lol:

I have contacted several in the community about contributing and have yet to recieve a negative reply. Obviously, some are quite busy and have said they'll support where possible as time allows but the response has been overwhelmingly positive.

One thing slowing me down is that I talked with everyone before about contributing to *A:M Magazine*. Since A:M Digest is quite a different concept I feel somewhat obligated to contact everyone again to solicit A:M Digest material.

May sound strange but... there you have it.

I value everyone's privacy too... so If you aren't hearing from me it isn't that I don't seek your inputs for A:M Digest... It may be that I don't want to bother you unneccessarily.

The first issue should give more information on how to submit to A:M Digest. For those with specific interests and expertise, please feel free to contact me at any time.

ad010_sm.png