Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Finally

Now that I have finally figured out how to post a picture.....I will post my first true model. I did this some time late last year and have had no time do to much more than troll the boards.

However, as luck would have it I just ran across a copy of The Animation:Master 2000 Handbook with the CD still in it at a local used book store (Mckays for Will Sutton and anyone else in or around Chattanooga, TN). It was only $6.00. Even though it is for version 8.0 and I am using 10.5, so many of the things that are in there still apply that I feal like it is Christmas. I get to play with my new toy again and actually have a clue what I am doing.

Back to my gun. I did try to post this last year but couldn't post a pic and had some problems with the link to the web site I put them on. So....here it is. A 32lb Carronade of the type that can still be found on board the USS Constitution in Boston. My bevelled edges could use some work and I am afraid to check patch count. I have some more pics if anyone is interested and could put up a mesh if anyone wants to see it. I also have pose sliders assigned that allow for movement in all the relevant directions including the rotation of the jacking screw as the gun changes elevation. Comments and critiques please....

post-7-1084591483.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

That looks like a lot of good detail work and will probably really come to life with some aged textures on it.

I'm not sure what is holding the barrel up, though, is there some part still to be modeled or am i just not interpreting the picture right?

It's a question of weight. The rear weighs more. That is what keeps it in position. the screw on the rear is rotated to adjust the elevatin.

I have a nice looking cast iron texture that I have applied. With some weathering effects it would be realy sweet but that is currently beyond my skills. I also don't have the wood grain concept down. Eventually I will texture it unless someone that has that skill set wants to take a stab at it. I will gladly share the model with anyone as long as they promise not to laugh at some of the questionable techniques that I am sure will arise once someone with skill sees the mesh.

Thanks

Since I am psoting again I will throw up another pic. How bout a wire frame:

post-7-1084747155.jpg