Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Netrender on Mac

10-K

Hi,

Renderserver is crashing on my Mac every time I hit ‘File-New.’

I’ve tried everything I can think of - reinstalling, permissions.  What could I be missing?

I bought a perpetual license for A:M v18 for my old MacPro with 10 render nodes but I’ve never used Renderserver before.  I’m wondering if I never actually activated the render nodes, even though I bought them on the same order as the license?

I run Hash on El Capitan so this is pretty old stuff but I still see a lot of advantages in using Hash over Blender on my Silicon mac.  Because El Capitan is so old and unsupported, I keep the MacPro offline.

I’m considering buying a ‘trash can’ MacPro to network with my old Mac for A:M, but it would be a waste of money if I can’t get Renderserver to work.   I know this is old stuff but I figure anyone still using A:M on Mac is running legacy machines anyway.

If Renderserver just doesn’t work on Mac and never did, please let me know.  Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to the forum.

Q#1... is it a crash (program exits) or a freeze (program becomes unresponsive)?

I don't have a Mac so I don't have a way to test an old A:M version on it.

Wild idea... since you have a license for v18 you should also be able to install and run previous versions, back to v15. Install v17 and see if you have any more success with v17 NetRender.

You can get the installer from the Hash ftp site

image.png

To access the ftp you will need to get, install and use an ftp client.

Filezilla is free.

No username or password is needed for a download from the Hash ftp.

After you have installed v17 on your mac, copy the master0.lic file from your v18 folder to the new v17 folder to transfer your license to that older version.