Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Possible to order a replacement CD of an older version?

Hi all,

I have Animation Master Millennium, v8.0 (I'd have v8.5 if my housemate hadn't shattered the CD). I still have my serial number, and I think I may even have the manual still somewhere. Is there a way to order a replacement CD of 8.5, or download any updates to 8.0? I still have v8.0 as it came on CD in February 2000.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Hello Jadan!

Last time that question was asked I think we found out that Hash no longer has any past CDs to sell for such a circumstance. You MIGHT find one on sale on ebay occasionally.

I am doubtful that such an old version will run unless you have computer running the OS it was originally written for. Does v8 run on your PC?

You can find the last update for each version, going back to 1998 on the hash ftp site.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/

If you browser displays a blank page for that link it means your browser  has disabled ftp activity. That's a thing now. If it can't be re-enabled you may need to use an ftp client to make the connection.

I'll note that the current A:M is way better than the A:M of 2000. Sticking with v8 or v8.5 is doing it the hard way.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the FTP link! That appears to be exactly what I need. I use v8.0 on an NT 4.0 SP6 VM, along with the other software I owned in 2000-2002. I managed to hold onto most of my original discs (I only had to repurchase Ray Dream Studio 5). I am more creative now than I was 20 years ago, and have more time (and patience). I'm looking forward to joining the modern era of Hash when I am able, but for now it's fun exploring the past.