Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Color coded UI?

Tore

Thinking that it could be a nice thing if the project workspace in A:M was color coded, as to make a visible distinction between base parameters and animatable parameters.
What do you think?

• ____ 1

• Hash Fellow

I think that would be handy. There have been times when I've fooled myself between poking at something in the objects folder vs. the chor. :facepalm:

I think something like this suggestion has come up before and the reply was that the colors in that window are more about code in Windows than about code in A:M and too much would have to be recreated to make that UI change.

• 3 months later...

I mean the vertical lines to follow a hirarchy. Hash had them until the Interface was changed around V9. Trying to decifer

a rigg like the squetch rigg is almost impossible since the parent child relationships don't fit on a single screen and one will definitly not able to

follow a hirarchy by scrolling. I wanted to add a Thumbnail but don't know how.

On the left picture in the hirarchy it is easy to follow the line up from LRIBB to see that it is a child of LOWER CHEST. In the Hash hirarchy

it is really difficult to tell for example if the LEFT BUTT ROOT is a child of the COG or the PELVIS or something else even, unless You go through

and start to close those hirarchies to find the correct one. I don't understand why one would get rid of such a helpful feature since all rigs depend on

hirarchies and relationships.

HASH.JPG

• Hash Fellow

That does make it clearer although at least the indenting is still in current versions.

I'm confident it wasn't dropped for the purpose of making A:M harder to use.

V9 would be around the time just before they launched on a push to unify the Windows and Mac versions into one code base. I know some interface features disappeared because they couldn't be duplicated in both versions (without a substantial, lengthy recoding effort).

Perhaps this is one of those.