Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Glen Keane's 'Duet' (Theatrical Form) debut

Rodney

• Admin

For those that might have wondered what legendary Disney animator Glen Keane has been up to since departing Disney, a theatrical release of the immersive application was revealed at Google I/O. Glen was challenged to create a follow up to the very popular and innovative 360 immersive entertainment 'Windy Day' and the result was 'Duet'.

The part on 'Duet' to include some technological behind the scenes work as well as the short itself is at the end of this youtube video.

Other releases of just the short itself are beginning to appear.

As the 'rendering engine' Glen animated at 60 frames per second in order to create the animation for the application.

cV8JDSO1NS8#t=54m18s

Note: These should start with and play only the short film 'Duet'. If not I apologize as the timecode is fighting me. ;)

To view some other related videos:

cV8JDSO1NS8#t=38m13s

Note: All of the video is well worth watching but the 'Duet' focus isn't until the end of the video.

I'll try to insert the proper timecode to start the video at the optimum location.

The final/playable application is to be released in the fall.

At the 50 minute mark Glen Keane is introduced and draws a character from the film and explains a little of his approach to animation.

What is rather amazing about the whole production is that it took a year to create.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic