sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animated layer settings

Tore

Can somebody help me with an explanation on how the settings for an animated layer inside a coreography works?

My scene includes a model of a tv on which I have an animated layer made from 24 still frames. It is to be played in loop by say 8 fps and repeated say 10 times. Where do I set this?

The settings "crop" and "range" in the "timing" dialogue are somewhat cryptic to me...is there something I have overlooked?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

It's not possible to do a repeat with the Crop and Range parameters. Leave those unset.

The way to do a repeat is to animate values in "Frame"

keyframe 0 and 24 on the frames you want them to happen, select the curve that creates, RMB>Curve>Post-Extrapolation Method>Repeat to make that inital curve repeat indefinitely.

If you just want three repeats, keyframe 0 to 24 three times manually.

I had an 1100 frame sequence that I cropped to just 25 frames (0-24) and in the chor, set the frame #'s for first instance, then set the post extrapolation to repeat. But like Rob said, if you only want it to go 3 cycles, then input start, end frames on the timeline.

RepeatImagesequenceDecal.jpg