Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V18 Quirks ?

Working with V18b on a Mac Mini running OSX10.85 noticing a few quirks and wondered if they were Mac related ?

For example, when using quick render, either area or full screen,

the screen goes blank as the render goes through,there is no progress bar at the bottom of the window, the clock timing the render is not visible, nor the text which denotes the stage at which its going through, eg"anti aliasing pass...".

That is not a real problem but it would be good to see them all as I'm used to it and can check it going it going through.

Of more import is that, when setting the parameters in the render menu under "render to file" the only way to exit the window back to the main screen is to click cancel. The enlarge, reduce and close buttons in the top left corner are greyed out and unavailable. That might sound unimportant (?) but, if you you have 'multi pass selected and want to just do standard for example, you can't just change it then click apply and exit. You have to start a render with the new settings and abort it before it goes through so the new settings apply !

Or am I missing something here ?

simon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Simon I'm back on line!

See screen shot to get your status/progress bar back again.

Not sure I follow your next comment entirely.

But in Tools > Options, in the Render section I have it set to 'Advanced' and 'Use Settings From this Dialog' checked.

The render to file window then takes it's starting point from what you have previously set in that other render options window.

I must confess I've never found myself wanting to use the traffic light buttons in the render to file window. Have they not always been greyed out? I really can't recall.

Screen_Shot_2014_03_26_at_22.52.47.png

Hi Simon I'm back on line!

See screen shot to get your status/progress bar back again.

Not sure I follow your next comment entirely.

But in Tools > Options, in the Render section I have it set to 'Advanced' and 'Use Settings From this Dialog' checked.

The render to file window then takes it's starting point from what you have previously set in that other render options window.

I must confess I've never found myself wanting to use the traffic light buttons in the render to file window. Have they not always been greyed out? I really can't recall.

Mark

Thank you very much for your reply and help. I will try them tomorrow. Good to see you back on line.

The windows options were not previously greyed out, honest ! I used to use them all the time when switching from final render in multi pass single frame mode to quick render in modelling or animating test mode.

regards

simon

Ah, I think I see what you are saying there now.

Just had a play with the different render settings windows and what I think you are trying to do dose work.

Example:

Tools > Options > Render Tab; set to, 'Use Settings From This Dialog'

And to follow your example set Multi-Pass ON

Save and close window

Then:

In the 'Render To File' window when it opens; Options Tab > Multi-Pass is as expected also showing ON. So set it to OFF and click 'Apply'. Nothing visible happens. But now click 'Cancel' to exit the Render To File window. Open it up again and you will see that Multi-Pass is still OFF.

I grant you having to click the Cancel button after Apply is rather unintuitive but I like to think such things lend our digital tools some charter!