sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

1998 desktop on a postage stamp

Roger

• *A:M User*

Well, SD card. But still:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-...elf/edison.html

Not sure what this costs retail or if it is even available yet, but if it is in the range of $10-$20 or so you could find all sorts of interesting

things to do with this.

I wonder if you could run AM on it. Not sure how you would hook it up to any peripherals, you'd probably have to make some sort of

dock for it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I don't know anything about a quark processor or if it's X86 compatible code-wise.

I think you'd have to run a 1998 version of A:M on it with power like that. :P

I'm sure hobbyists who need some sort of tiny low power CPU will love it.

The big problem with using it for A:M is that A:M needs a substantial display area to be useful and there's no way to miniaturize that.

• *A:M User*
I don't know anything about a quark processor or if it's X86 compatible code-wise.

I think you'd have to run a 1998 version of A:M on it with power like that. :P

I'm sure hobbyists who need some sort of tiny low power CPU will love it.

The big problem with using it for A:M is that A:M needs a substantial display area to be useful and there's no way to miniaturize that.

Supposedly it is completely x86 compatible, just in an embedded cpu type form factor. The Arduino shield thingy I posted might

work better since it has the same CPU with a decent amount of memory and proper I/O. Not sure how you would output video unless you did it over the USB or mini PCIe somehow. Doesn't seem to have any other video out options unless I missed them in the schematics.