Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to Hide/unhide objects?

Doobie

Howdy from Tucson,

As I'm creating lip poses to be used in lip sync animation, I find it difficult to hide certain control points.

Perhaps, as I'm a newbie, is there an "Eye" icon feature to hide/unhide groups as you are editing?

Right now, I have a "tongue" and "teeth" groups I'd like to hide while manipulating the lip without accidently hitting a tooth.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

...doobie :blink:

angorabell.wordpress.com

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hi doobie!

There are several places we can hide objects and selections in A:M. We can also lock parts down which for many tasks might be better than hiding.

As for Hiding, when Modeling look for an eye that has a red circle and line drawn through it over on the right.

For locking of Control Points use the padlock icon.

As of v18 we can also Shift Hide to hide (or Shift Lock to Lock) and the shift will invert the selection.

Prior to v18 those processes generally require us to hit the period key to invert our selection just prior to hiding.

If in a Choreography window you'll see in the Project Workspace listing an eye next to the item that allows the object to be hidden.

Let us know if you can't find these.

Edit: I should have mentioned... by default the shortcut key for 'Hide' is 'H. Draw a spline, select a part of it, hit H to try it.

Hit 'H' again or click on the Hide icon to unhide.