Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Insert spline ring?

Tore

I wonder if there is a command in A:M that lets you insert a spline ring in a model? I mean a complete spline ring above or below a given existing ring. NOT point by point, NOT an extrusion...but kind of something inbetween: select a spline ring, then select this command I am looking for, and presto: a new spline ring is inserted.

I have search both forum and tech ref in vaine...but maybee it exists as an undocumented shortcut?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I wonder if there is a command in A:M that lets you insert a spline ring in a model? I mean a complete spline ring above or below a given existing ring. NOT point by point, NOT an extrusion...but kind of something inbetween: select a spline ring, then select this command I am looking for, and presto: a new spline ring is inserted.

I have search both forum and tech ref in vaine...but maybee it exists as an undocumented shortcut?

My first gambit would be to use the Cut Plane wizard which has the option of merely adding a ring rather than severing the object into two parts at the intersection plane.

This presumes the two neighboring rings are far enough apart to fit the Plane between them

• Hash Fellow

The SplitPatch Wizard will add a subdividing spline in both direction on selected patches.

If you selected two adjoining rings it would add a new ring between them and you could manually delete the crossing splines that are also added that you don't want.