sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Browsers

Simon Edmondson

Safari sometimes won't play video's because of the flash player installed ( and won't accept the update requested ). I installed Chrome and put up with the adverts but, I was looking at the program in the applications folder and was horrified to see that it had grown to 3.15Gb in size !!! This despite using incognito windows and trying to keep cookies to a minimum.

Can anyone recommend a suitable browser for OSX that will not grow to such an outlandish size and be able to retain some degree of privacy ?

regards

simon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to privacy, this software is really good:

https://disconnect.me/

I'm not quite sure if it works on a Mac though....?

Tore

Thank you for your reply.

My quest for privacy is just a desire to avoid getting bombarded with adverts. I've managed to be advert free on Facebook for a couple of months and happy to keep it that way.

regards

simon

Firefox for me Simon. I've never really liked Safari and back in the day there were no third party plugins for it.

I've only recently installed Chrome to see what its like. I didn't know it could grow! At the moment its 140MB I shall keep an eye on it though, as growing to 3.15GB is way too big! So far Chrome is faster than Firefox I think loading pages but there are more choices when it comes to privacy and security plugins for Firefox.

Firefox at the moment stands at 101MB and I've had it for years.

Firefox for me Simon. I've never really liked Safari and back in the day there were no third party plugins for it.

I've only recently installed Chrome to see what its like. I didn't know it could grow! At the moment its 140MB I shall keep an eye on it though, as growing to 3.15GB is way too big! So far Chrome is faster than Firefox I think loading pages but there are more choices when it comes to privacy and security plugins for Firefox.

Firefox at the moment stands at 101MB and I've had it for years.

Mark

Thank you for your reply.

I DL'd firefox earlier, before Tore's recommendation ( which I'll look at later ). I was entirely puzzled by Chromes growth and didn't know why it should grow that way ?

I've been using it for when Safari won't play the flash files and listening to the radio using the BBC iplayer . The Firefox I got earlier came in at 34 Mb so will keep an eye on that for growth too. You have to wonder what is taking up the space ? My first ever HD ( on an Amiga ) was the ginormous size of 64Mb. Mind you the OS came in at 640k or less... sigh !

regards

simon