Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character : Donny

Hello all,

I've decided to embark on my first short short short film. If you follow the link below you can see "Donny" the main character.

I would like any comments, impressions you might have. Is this someone you'd like to look at for a minute or so? :D

Wires and other renders to follow.

Thanks for thoughts.

Doug

click here for Character : Donny

toonguyPoseA1.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rodney,

I'm using the 2001 Rig, though I'm not done with rigging just yet. Still working on the shoulders. I need to figure out how to mix elements I like (IK on legs) with others (FK) on arms and hands.

shading effect looks a lot like pencil, Did you use Toonnation plugin material settings

I take that as a compliment - Thanks ! This is just the toon render option. I haven't tried the toonation plugin. Should I? I really like the look of toon rendering and though I originally didn't design this guy with that in mind I think it will work.

Oh and btw - if he looks a bit 'demon possessed' as one friend of mine said, I haven't done enough work on his eyes yet.

Thanks for looking.

Doug

Doug,

If you're going for a kind of impressionist feel for your short overall, then I think he's pretty close to good to go. He doesn't look capable of being happy though. Is you short somber? That lighting and all in the first pic sort seems dreamy and dreary.

(Is the worm from cgtalk a part of this story?)

Hi pdaley,

That was quick !! Thanks for the reply.

He doesn't look capable of being happy though.
Well you are right. He is a very unhappy character. In fact I did some remodeling on his mouth yesterday to put him in more of a frown position from the start. He is a somber, constant frown type.

That lighting and all in the first pic sort seems dreamy and dreary.

Yeah it does. It was not intentional but I really like the look. I sort of just plopped him into a chor and started playing around. I was just trying to get ideas for the look of the render quality.

Not to give too much away here ... but the main character is mentally handicapped and disturbed. The short will be based on my actual experience of working with this fellow Donny (name changed) in a group home setting. Though the material will be funny, he certainly was a humorless fellow.

And no, the worm is a seperate project. That one is almost done.

Thanks again.

Doug