Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you get the help files to work from within AM?

rusty

Hi,

How do you get the AM help files to work with the help menu in AM? I've downloaded them placed them (zipped and unzipped) in the AM folder...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rusty

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robcat!

Did you report this? It's not a big deal. I added the pdf files (TechRef.pdf and TAOAM.pdf) to Tools which is even better; only one click.

BTW, I can't tell you how often I've wished I had enough money to hire you (or anyone who's good at rigging) to do my rigging for me, LOL! Rigging is such a chore for me.

Cheers,

Rusty

• Hash Fellow
Hi Robcat!

Did you report this?

I have now!

BTW, I can't tell you how often I've wished I had enough money to hire you (or anyone who's good at rigging) to do my rigging for me, LOL! Rigging is such a chore for me.

I can't tell you how often I've wished you (or anyone else) would have the money to pay to do their rigging.

Hi Robcat!

Did you report this?

I have now!

I can't tell you how often I've wished you (or anyone else) would have the money to pay to do their rigging.

Well, if I start getting orders for book trailers and I'm making any extra money, your name is at the top of the list! But...I'm an engineer type--not an entrepreneur. And doing 'everything' yourself is a bitch. I've researched the technical end of producing book trailers (starting in 2001) and I know there is a large demand. I've been working on ways to produce them cheaply enough for authors and publishers can afford them for 11 years and making significant progress. There are enormous benefits for all in doing this (see my site). I also know what's being created now and for what price. I know were and how to advertise and get the word out. Technically the stumbling blocks I still face are, for the most part, things you and others do all the time. Businesswise (startup, limiting exposure {corporations}, accounting, getting investment capital, selling, advertising, rules and regulations, etc.) is another matter--I'm a dumbass. But I do know that people have been trying to patient the idea since 2004 (my first example book trailer was posted on the AM forum in 2003) and at last check (2008?) no patents have been granted (how can you patent using video to advertise???). Also, at last check (2011) no one has yet given using 3D animation to create book trailers any thought--right now it's sliding pictures or film crews. Also my little trailer which was posted on You Tube but beyond that not really pushed or promoted produced at least 30 queries from writers on how to get one made for their books and on cost.

Whoops...sorry, I get carried away and excited about this stuff.

r

3D animation might be the most difficult way to do a book trailer, probably why it's not widespread. Probably harder than writing the book. ;)

Definitely harder then showing still pictures and text/audio and music but lots more impact...a film crew...depends on what you're doing. Overkill? TBD. Harder than writing the book?! Ha! Well... that is...not in my experience and I've done both. There's always lots of reasons something won't work. Like cameras on cell phones!!?!!