Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

some suggested models...

If you're curious, read along in the thread under "Animation Master: General Discussion" (I guess)

hi gang. for someone who hadn't touched A:M in a bit, I don't think I'm doing too bad. Here's some of what I've tried my hand at so far.

The helmet was first, in keeping with the request for it and for hats (first of many I hope)

helmet.jpg

Then there's the night goggles to go with it. I started them but have to detail it all and get the head straps just right (can you tell I've had to wear them in the desert before?)

night%20goggles.jpg

Then there's the toaster. I started making the classic Sears model, all curved and pretty and all...

curve%20toaster.jpg

...but then I realized that I had shot myself in the foot by adding too many splines, hence the boolean cutters would ruin it. So I tried it again, much simpler...

toaster.jpg

the only problem I've run in to is making them chrome...when I add chrome material, they turn black. I put them in a CHOR with some items to reflect and some more lighting, but still nothing.....any suggestions on making good chrome?

Thanx again for such inspiration to all. It's good to be hashing again...so very good!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

For chrome, keep in mind that you need something to reflect or you'll get black or whatever the scene/camera color is.

The night vision goggles look good too. I'm not that familiar with the two eye version though. The PVS 7Bs (cyclops) I'm quite familiar with though...

The helmet looks good. Wish my digital camera was working as I'd upload a shot of my helmet for comparison. Recently my digital camera ate my Zoo pictures and refuses to let me access anything from the disk! :angry:

BTW - Military guys are cool! ;)