Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Patchwork3d

martan

I used AM waaay back, now I'm thinking of getting back to it. But I need to know if I can export to a particular game engine/platform, Panda3d. I see Patchwork3d exports directX, this is perfect (or so I hope) as Panda3d has import capabilities for DirectX files. But before I plunk down the cash, does anyone have a character I could do some testing with? Anything with some simple animations that have been exported into DirectX with this plugin? If anyone could send me one or direct me to a download, I would most appreciate it, thanks!

Martan

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used AM waaay back, now I'm thinking of getting back to it. But I need to know if I can export to a particular game engine/platform, Panda3d. I see Patchwork3d exports directX, this is perfect (or so I hope) as Panda3d has import capabilities for DirectX files. But before I plunk down the cash, does anyone have a character I could do some testing with? Anything with some simple animations that have been exported into DirectX with this plugin? If anyone could send me one or direct me to a download, I would most appreciate it, thanks!

Martan

Hi Martan,

no problem. This is a *.x-file I created with A:M to use it in Quest3d and Unity3d.

It is a simple character, with a couple of animations embedded like walk, got_hit, etc.

Hope it helps :).

See you

*Fuchur*

Hitball_Boy_with_animation.zip

Well, doesn't work out of box but there ya go. The model loads and looks ok (I think), but the anims are not there or I'm not doing something right.

I imagine I will need to get AM and your exporter code and do some development and experimentation, what do I need for the chain?

I see a dsw, will the current AM subscription and your code plus MSVC (version?) let me work with this?

I'm on Vista and Win7.

Thanks,

Martan

Well, doesn't work out of box but there ya go. The model loads and looks ok (I think), but the anims are not there or I'm not doing something right.

I imagine I will need to get AM and your exporter code and do some development and experimentation, what do I need for the chain?

I see a dsw, will the current AM subscription and your code plus MSVC (version?) let me work with this?

I'm on Vista and Win7.

Thanks,

Martan

Are you an experienced game-programmer? In general you need to activate the animations in the gameengine by script. I am not used to Panda3d...

If I load the file in fragmotion (for example) I can see the animations, so it does not seem to be anything wrong with them and I can use them in Quest3d. (it may be that the scale is not what Panda3d is expecting maybe).

It is not really my code but I am only hosting it since the real developer had to leave it alone, but yes in general you should be good if you got the possibilities to use MVC (not included in Visual Studio Express but only in higher versions). Steffen can tell you more about that so...

See you

*Fuchur*

Yes, I'm a programmer, I've written an AM exporter before, been a while tho. I have VS 2008 at work, however I need something for home use and the cheaper the better.

I'm seeing some sort of animation activity, it just does not look correct. I script the various anims and they all do the same thing so there is a disconnect somewhere.

The engine/package is called panda3d, I like a couple of things about it- It's free, you can do all your programming in python and embed it in a web page.

It's available here if you are interested:

http://www.panda3d.org/