Extras dvd download

Vertexspline

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was curious to learn how many folks have found this to be a useful resource. I know it has lots of models etc but wondered how many folks use things from it or not. I was contemplating purchasing it but was not sure.

I own it. I used models from it for the 2010 forum project - Bus Stop. It saved a lot of time.

It is nice being able to go through and look at how someone else approached a problem. Some of the models are showing their age, however, especially the bi-ped actors. Some of them use dangling splines instead of hooks, or might not use 5-point patches. Most of them use the A:M 2001 rig, but most people now prefer the 2008, squetch, or lite rig. You might want to do a little re-rigging or re-splining, but they will be helpful.

I created an .iso of the DVD and mount that using Daemon Tools (although I'm thinking about switching to another ISO mounting program). It's very convenient to always have it available. (You could also just copy the contents to your drive.)