sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Follow Spot

Simon Edmondson

In the project I'm working on, I want to set up a follow spot for the figure as it leaps about. I tried to set up an aim at constraint on the spotlight body but it didn't seem to follow the target, even though that was selected under properties.

Could someone kindly explain how to achieve this?

Working in the latest iteration on an I mac.

Thank you in advance.

simon

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Create two nulls and make them children of your character's model bone. Name one "tripod" and the other"target". Constrain the camera to translate to the tripod and to aim at the target. Position the nulls to frame the subject as you wish. Be sure that the "Aim at" constraint is below the "Translate to" constraint in the heirarchy. Tap the spacebar to update the screen and test by. Ask for more help if you have any problems.

You will need to constrain the camera to translate to a bone in your character and you will probably want to constrain a null to a bone in your character too which your camera can be constrained to aim at.

Paul

Thank you very much. I shall try that straight away.

cheers

simon