sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Function Curves or Interpolation

Simon Edmondson

Having initially had problems with sound files ( thankfully fixed due to forum users advice ) I have completed the animation first part of a little project I'm working on and want to fine tune it using the f curves ( ?).

I'm not sure if that is the correct term for them ?

What I mean is the way of changing the curve that flows through the timeline to affect the interpolation method of the keyframes set. To get a hold, constant speed or the normal spline.

I have never done this before and wondered if anyone could point me to the relevant section in the Tech reference/ TAO/ forum archives to try and learn a bit more about it ?

I am using V16.

Thank you in advance

simon

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

In the PWS or the "Timeline" window click on the small red,green,blue icon at the bottom of the right pane.

This turns on the curve view.

If you have "Show bias" (same icon as for modeling mode) turned on you can manually adjust the slope of a selected CP.

you can also group select several CPs and set their slope in the RMB menu or by using the 7 8 9 0 keys at the top of the keyboard.

You can also use P or O to peak or unpeak CPs, like in modeling mode

my Keyframe basics vid covers a bit of this. See the screencam tuts link in my signature.