sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

flower power exercise

north

okay, i am doing the flower power exercise and when finishing using the duplicator to create the multiple petals, the petals wont show in shaded mode. i am not too sure what the tutorial did to make it show in shaded mode. in fact, he didnt add any color, he just went to shaded mode and it was displaying the pedals in a grayish manner.

i decided to put color on the petals to see if they would display but nothing happen. i only get the stem and other two leaves that i created below. i uploaded my project for you anyone who wants to help

Project2.prj

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, i am doing the flower power exercise and when finishing using the duplicator to create the multiple petals, the petals wont show in shaded mode. i am not too sure what the tutorial did to make it show in shaded mode. in fact, he didnt add any color, he just went to shaded mode and it was displaying the pedals in a grayish manner.

i decided to put color on the petals to see if they would display but nothing happen. i only get the stem and other two leaves that i created below. i uploaded my project for you anyone who wants to help

The flower petals were only splines instead of valid patches...here's an updated Project.

Hope that helps.

Project2_revised.prj

so basically i got to connect the dots? i am looking at the top portion of the petals and the dots in the middle are not connected to the ones that are in the left side and right side. also on the bottom ones of each petal.

okay, i have tried that and it is working, thank you. i have to say though, yours look more straight in the bottom each petals and looks like each petal is connected to each other as well. did you connect each petal together?

also i was doing the instructor/narrator way of connecting the dots for the bottom portion of each petal and they keep failing.

okay, i have tried that and it is working for the top but not the bottom dots of each leaf. it seems everytime i tried to connect the three dots on the bottom of each petal, it stops me when i tried to connect the 3rd one.

The base of the petals is going to have to be done differently since they are the ends of splines. You have to make a spline with five control points then connect the middle three to the base of the petal and delete the two extra control points.

you didnt connect all the petals with each other right?

I didn't, but you can.

Go through the tutorials that I suggested, they should answer a lot of questions.

yeah, thanks bro, it is working, i edited my post but i see you caught my older post.

say, when i am "add mode+" and connecting the dots, they are not that curvy. is there a way to make them look more circular or smooth them out?

say, when i am "add mode+" and connecting the dots, they are not that curvy. is there a way to make them look more circular or smooth them out?

I'm not sure what you're asking...could you describe an example? Also, have you gone through those tutorials yet? Your question might be answered in one of them.

in creating splines, it is not as circular as his when creating the bud of the flower. this happens after hitting the "L" key.

also the bud appears doughnut shape instead of circular. here is my project loaded again.

For what I think you're trying to get, I think you should lathe the bud. Have you gone through the tutorials I suggested? They would probably help you.