sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair Render Problem

DJBREIT

15_1v0.jpg

A small problem with hair or leaves in this case.

I render the tree and the top comes in lighter then the rest of the tree.

How do I fix it?

Also I need to render this out as a image/decal with the background as transparency. What would be your approach?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For an alpha channel, render to TGA format with alpha buffer ON...or try a PNG file, I haven't used PNG yet tho but I know it supports alpha/transparency.

Thanks for the info. :)

Hey-cool tree I don't see the top being any lighter...what do you mean?

Sorry for the late response. I had a long scene almost done rendering. Just to find out it needed to be at night time.

I found out this seems to be an old problem. To do with the “render lines” and “hair system”.

I found if you put a small patch above it, it renders fine.

I had a long scene almost done rendering. Just to find out it needed to be at night time.

An excellent reason to render with light buffers to EXR format. Then you can just change the lighting in A:M Composite to look like it's night.

I think I remember hearing that all lights must have values other than 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 in order to be able to change the colors in AM Composite.

Reminds me of a time an irate art-director who sent me out at noon for some house pictures, he needed a.s.a.p. I had them developed 1 hr, scanned them as this was 'pre-digital camera' days, and sent them to him. A couple minutes later I get a call and he's furious... 'I wanted night pictures!"

I had a long scene almost done rendering. Just to find out it needed to be at night time.

An excellent reason to render with light buffers to EXR format. Then you can just change the lighting in A:M Composite to look like it's night.

I think I remember hearing that all lights must have values other than 0,0,0 or 255,255,255 in order to be able to change the colors in AM Composite.

I have to keep that in mind. But in this case it may not have help. Since I had the light on and I needed to have it at night with moon light coming throw the windows.

001_tree50.jpg

moon_night_15_2v2_50.jpg

Reminds me of a time an irate art-director who sent me out at noon for some house pictures, he needed a.s.a.p. I had them developed 1 hr, scanned them as this was 'pre-digital camera' days, and sent them to him. A couple minutes later I get a call and he's furious... 'I wanted night pictures!"

:lol: